Climate change and the need to change the way we buy and use things are at the forefront of many consumers' minds. It is therefore essential for companies to actively address the issue of sustainability. The first step is to take stock: What is my company’s carbon footprint? And how do the emissions from websites and web applications contribute to it?
This is where our Web Sustainability Assessment comes in. We first determine the carbon footprint of your company’s website or web application. Then we identify potential savings and formulate concrete recommendations for action to reduce emissions per page view.
The focus is primarily on technical measures, but we also address user experience and product design.
The Web Sustainability Assessment provides answers to these key questions:
- What is the carbon footprint of my corporate website?
- How does the carbon footprint of my company’s website compare in the industry?
- What specific measures can I take to reduce the carbon footprint of my company’s website?
The assessment is primarily aimed at CTOs, web developers, UX and product designers, as well as marketing executives of companies that:
- are committed to sustainability and environmental protection and have made a voluntary commitment to reduce their carbon footprint.
- advocate sustainability as part of their corporate culture due to their product portfolio and derive a competitive advantage from it.
- want to reduce their own energy consumption and thus operating costs through optimization measures.
Does your company care about environmental sustainability? Are you developing your company’s website or online store? Our Web Sustainability Assessment will tell you how sustainable your web presence is, and what you can do to minimize the amount of data sent to the browser and reduce CO₂ emissions.Daniel WestheideSenior Consultant, INNOQ
The assessment consists of 3 parts:
- Kick-off and first assessment (approx. 2 hours): We clarify individual needs and discuss which data we need to estimate the emissions of your company’s website or web application as accurately as possible.
- Analysis: We need 2–3 days for analysis and evaluation to derive concrete recommendations for action and summarize them in a report.
- Report and final meeting (approx. 2 hours): We create a report and discuss the results and recommendations for action in a final meeting.
The workshop is conducted by experienced INNOQ consultants.
At the end of the assessment, you will receive a detailed report containing:
- CO₂ emissions (based on estimation models according to the current state of research) per page view for the most frequently visited pages of the website
- an estimate of the current annual carbon footprint of your company’s entire website based on this
- an evaluation and classification of the carbon footprint of your company’s website - both in global comparison and in relation to your industry
- Specific recommendations for action to reduce your website emissions, sorted by impact and effort, as well as divided into technical measures and those that touch areas such as UX, product design or other stakeholders.
We are happy to assist you with the implementation of the measures.