Improving Your Software
As software developers, we spend most our time maintaining existing systems – under time and budget pressure.
Building new business functionality tends to get more difficult, expensive and risky over time, due to increasing size, growing complexity and lack of conceptual integrity.
Although we complain about technical debt, lack of innovation, and the architectural deficits of historically grown software, we often patch, fix or hack symptoms instead of curing the root causes of these problems.
In this talk, you’ll get an overview of the Architecture Improvement Method, the open-source aim42 approach to systematical evolution, modernization and improvement of systems.
Based upon examples from various organizations and industries, I’ll demonstrate the applicability of aim42 practices in real-life situations.
You’ll see how to:
- identify and analyze the worst problems in your systems
- translate your problems to business & management terms
- convince your management of corrective actions
- integrate improvement with your day-to-day development.
A video of this talk is available.
- 13:00 - 13:50
- Konferenz / Veranstaltung
- GOTO Berlin 2016
- bcc Berlin, Berlin