Well, I think I had a flash of inspiration: in order to “get real” I decided to start with the project. Isn’t that great?
And I decided to go with the UI first, because the first thing that comes to my mind is how the app will roughly look like. As a working title I called the app “innoVoice” (Yeah, it really is a great pun *cough*)
There you go:
That is the first screen for the colleagues out there in customer-projects for doing their time-reporting.
Ok, it is still made up of standard fonts, there are no fancy graphics etc., but I think it represents the image I have in mind when I think of that part of the app.
What bothers me a bit are all the input fields in the calendar. I think I’ll hide them using some AJAX in-place editors, so they won’t be that distracting.
I don’t really know what will be next. Either I start implementing this feature or I go for another UI-mockup. Maybe I’ll know more in one hour or so…
Stay tuned and feel free* to comment on the UI-mockup!
*actually, I would force you to comment, if I could!