I've been keeping some of these open for a month now, time to get rid of them …
- Jacek links to David Booth's article on RDF and SOA and mentions XSPARQL, "a fusion of XQuery and SPARQL", which sounds interesting.
- Via LtU, a link to a paper by Rich Hickey on Clojure's Approach to Identity and State. (Clojure is a Lisp-like language running on the JVM.)
- A good ArsTechnica article on why both Gecko and WebKit should live on, despite WebKit's growing popularity.
- A huge posting by Charles Nutter on InvokeDynamic, the Java 7 JVM's upcoming support for dynamic dispatch.
- Ola Bini's explanation of Evil Hook Methods in Ruby, Jay Fields' (or Fields's?) response, Piers Cawley's take
- Tim Bray on Testing REST. Be sure to check out the comments, too.