Wednesday morning, I’m going to leave for London to go to QCon, the first conference organized by InfoQ and EOS (the folks behing JAOO), where I’m host of the SOA track. I’ll only have a very small part in the show, the track introduction (which I’m going to do together with Miko), but I somehow managed to gather together an extraordinary line-up of SOA speakers:
- Anne Thomas Manes, “The Business Value of SOA”;
- Paul Downey, “Is the Web ‘Good Enough’ for Web Services?” (who was kind enough to take over from Steve Vinoski)
- Steve Jones, “SOA Driving IT from the business”
- Paul Fremantle, “Making XML and Web Services real for the enterprise”
- Jim Webber, “Guerilla SOA”
I’m also very much looking forward to the talks of Mark Nottingham and Werner Vogels. Check out the other tracks, too - with Martin Fowler, Eric Meijer, Ted Neward, Christian Weyer, Cameron Purdy, Cedric Beust, Kevlin Henney, Zed Shaw, Dave Thomas, and many, many more, I believe this conference is going to be close to incredible.