Windows Vista RTM
I’m currently downloading Windows Vista RTM (english). Windows Vista is available for MSDN Volume Licence customers. Go get it!
- Edit your hosts file in windir%\system32\drivers\etc. Don’t forget to start Notepad or any other editor with Administrator Rights when using Vista with UAC turned on. Add an entry for the global/US Microsoft Server:
- In Internet Explorer add https://global.ds.microsoft.com to your Trusted Sites:
- Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites -> [Sites]
- Tools > Internet Options > Privacy -> [Sites]
- If you’re already downloading, suspend your download and ACTIVATE “Place application shortcut on the desktop” in the Microsoft File Transfer Manager Options in order to resume after rebooting.
- Start Microsoft File Transfer Manager (from the Desktop) and Resume your download.
I wasn’t able to obtain a product key yet. I got a very obscure error message when trying. I hope this whole licencing/product key issue will work out soon. There are several issues with the Office 2007 installation/activation as well.
At themoment I’m running WIndows Vista RC2 on my IBM Thinkpad R50p. No problems at all. I really like to make a clean install instead of updating RC2 to RTM. I’ve also installed Office 2007 Beta 2 TR and already downloaded the RTM. Hm, I’ll have to think about it. After all, no risk no fun ;-).
Posted by Hartmut Wilms at 17.11.06 11:36
TrackBack URL for this entry: