The umbrella term “blockchain” describes a complex set of architectural patterns for distributed systems. Their particular property is that they assume only little trust between the participants in a network, yet can establish consensus of application state and business logic. Initially designed for cryptocurrencies, many other non-financial applications of Blockchain technologies have emerged since the release of Bitcoin. Their main advantage is the ability to store data on an immutable, tamper-proof, and decentralized ledger.
The BLOCKCHAIN curriculum conveys a deep understanding of the foundational technologies and shows their application to a multitude of problem domains. Participants will be able to analyze their business requirements with a focus on if and what blockchain technology is right for them.
The first part of the training dedicates to a technological and historical overview. We will look at the already-existing ingredients that can be recombined to achieve trustless consensus. Furthermore, we review the design and implementation of Smart Contracts – code that processes business transactions – and various industrial-strength Blockchain implementations. In the second part, we focus on use cases. We will discuss key concepts such as privacy, security, scalability, and compliance. Architectural patterns illustrate the application of Blockchains to typical business domains. Finally, participants will apply their knowledge in an interactive case study.
Audience and Requirements
The training is intended for developers and architects. Participants should have basic knowledge of modern high-level programming languages and databases. Experience in cryptography is not necessary and will be taught in the training.
- Blockchain as heterogeneous set of technologies with their design trade-offs
- Sound understanding of technical foundations
- Opportunities and risks of modeling business processes with Smart Contracts
- Knowledge of novel architectural patterns and their influence of decentralization and trust
- Application and transfer of traditional enterprise patterns to Blockchain systems
- Assessment and evaluation of Blockchain technologies
Why you should attend this training
- Knowledge in Blockchain-based architectures creates competitive advantages
- Enables your company to evaluate Blockchain for its business models
- The imparted knowledge of cryptography, consensus mechanisms, and distributed systems can be used profitably in all disciplines of software development and architecture
- Enables you to identify when a Blockchain-based solution does not fit
- You acquire “full-stack” competence: technical knowledge, market overview, and use cases